Sunday, July 8, 2012

Texture Maps



original picture from cgtexture
Creating textures can be done in a Photoshop best done using high resolution pictures. To find high resolution pictures cgtextures.com is a good place to start. For my texture I chose a rough rock texture and began to alter it in Photoshop. To begin my first step was to offset my picture so it the pattern would continue when modeled. Then I began doing small changes like the color by laying a light color of brown and adding a soft light blending layer. From there many adjustment layers where added. I also added depth in between the top where the crack divides the rock. After I adjusted the color of the rock I then started to paint over it. Different brushes like a splatter brush were used to paint blood. To make the splatter look so unoriginal I erased some away. Many different tones like grey and dark brown were painted to the rock to make it look aged. Many different blending layers where used like lighten, lighten color, subtract, and saturation were used on all different paint layers. This was now finished and was my foundation for a texture that was now going to be put into a program called Crazy Bump to get different texture maps.  
normal map: based off lighting detal to show depth.
specular map: highlightsm what makes the object shine 






diffuse map: color map and basic texture

No comments:

Post a Comment