Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Color Correction 2

 
To the left you see a photo that I have taken from Millennium Park in my Chicago area.  From it I will display more color correction techniques to improve this photo. To add more dynamism I selected two objects from the photo and individually developed upon them. The two objects I enhanced were the blue and yellow circles. I selected these by using the same methods and that is by means of color range and quick selection tool. After which I manage to a get selection around my objects I then applied a refined edge to get a more thorough piece. From here I knew I wanted to work on these objects first and then balance out theoverall photo/image. Adjustment layers were utilized and will always be executed from here on out be to perform a non-destructive work flow. On the blue circle brightness/contrast, levels, and hue/saturation adjustment layers were used to achieve a more lively blue. Next for the yellow circle the same adjustment layers were repeated as the blue circle, but I removed the curves layer later on to better fit the piece. Also with the curves layer removed it showed more shadows around areas where needed that brought out the shapes of this artwork clearer. Now with both circled objects color corrected it was time to fit the background appropriately with those. The first adjustment layer that was used was the color balance. This did an alright job of bringing out the green in the trees and it slightly effected the overall environment. It was not until I applied the hue/saturation layer to get more real green for leaves and cleaner quality for the concrete and buildings. Also througout using these layers I kept in mind the Crown Fountain (tower with face in the background) to develop and keep its color. Finally the brightness and levels layers were the last touch to my photo to bring a pleasant clear day. You can see resluts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment