Sunday, June 3, 2012



Creating custom brushes can be done in Photoshop are useful for adding textures. For my brushes I gathered a few images from flicker.com. Each of the images was enhanced by using the levels tool. Brightness/contrast was used to touch up a few images along with the shadow/highlights tool. For the water drops and spider web the lasso tool was used to get a selection I wanted. Only for the ground with cracks I converted the image mode into grayscale, then use Threshold to isolate the cracks. My other two images were left as is. The next step after getting my custom brush selections was to modify them with preset option. My best preset brush was the cracks brush. It develops good cracks that could be used for walls or ground images. The bark and spider web brushes were so so and I could be improved after explain my troubles for other brushes. Some problems I had are getting the brush to be realistic and also to flow well. For example the water drop brush was something I had in mind that I thought ideally could be used on any object. After doing an image adjustment and making my selection I had spent some time in the preset option but I could get what I wanted. Along with the rust brush I wanted to create a texture but as much I played around with the preset it seems like I couldn’t make a difference. The most I got from the preset options was different shades. In the end some images worked better than the other.




No comments:

Post a Comment